Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy Anniversary!!

Today is a wonderful day because TODAY is two years since I moved to LA! Happy two year anniversary you hard headed, stubborn, moody, giveth and taketh away, difficult to please, physically and emotionally draining love of mine!!

Last year, I wrote a One Year anniversary blog about all the things I had learned my first year:
"WTF is Quinoa?" A Texan's first year in LA (click on link if you'd like to read or reread)

This year, I will not write a long entry because 1. I still feel the same way about everything I talked about, and 2. this blog is called "SHORT and sometimes sweet." I will keep shit short for the sake of everyone's ADD. So, here are some highlights of my second year in Los Angeles:

1. Joined the cast of the Really Awesome Improv Show at Second City.

2. Where I met this lovely human being. The funniest, smartest, most anything-est man I've ever met. So glad I had the balls to hit on you that day. 

3. Moved into my own apartment in Studio City!! No pictures. I will not show you where I live. But here are my amazing roomies!!

4. Did a spot on The Soup for E! opposite the guys from Walking Dead, along with three short films. And also wrote, produced, and starred in a pilot of a web series. Feeling so Tina Fey a la 30 Rock. (You can refer to me by my alias, Tuna Fay.)

5. Booked my first national commercial alongside Betty White!! Look out for it in the fall.

6. In relation to above, joined SAG/AFTRA. HUUUGE step for me.

7. Wrote and performed in two sketch shows for Second City, Bad News Bearers and Girl, Intervention.  Also, formed my own improv troupe with some friends, 8 Ball in the Pocket. 

 
8. Graduated from The Second City Hollywood Training Center! Where I met so many great people to laugh, share, and perform with. Constant creativity and inspiration buzzing around there!


I feel extremely fortunate to be able to pursue what I love. Cheers to many more years with you! As long as you don't drive me batshit crazy.



3 comments:

  1. Wow!! You met Betty White, that is really awesome, I like your blog :) Would you like to feature on my blog or do a button swap? I'm Sofia from lovalafashion.blogspot.com (check it out sometime)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sofia!! Thanks for reading! What is a feature/button swap?? I'm new to the blog world. I will definitely check out your blog, I know nothing about fashion! I'm a disaster when it comes to that, I wish I was better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara, That's okay :) Some blogs have buttons like a logo which symbolises their blog, it is an image and when you press on it, it links to your blog, if you go I on my blog you will see what I mean. For the feature I usually do DIY tutorials or reviews or interviews, if you would like to do one of them (email me here: sofia.barham@education.nsw.gov.au) :) I'm sure you are fashionable! :) BTW: don't forget to enter into the bow giveaway being done on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete